About Me

My photo
Hello! I'm Kara, a mid 30's mum of one, teacher by day and mummy by night. I would say I am more slummy mummy than yummy mummy but I live in hope of my fairy godmother casting her wand! I am also a sister, a daughter, a godmother, an auntie, a wife and hopefully a good friend! Having spent more time lately reading blogs than studying current affairs or indulging in "chick lit" I thought I'd give it a go so here I am! I have been married to Mr D for 12 years now and we have been together since I was 14!!! Miss D came along in 2009 and life changed for the better from that day. I work a 4 day week as a tutor in Childcare and Education (sounds far posher than it is!) and spend the other 3 days being the best mummy I can be to my adorable daughter. I *LOVE* shopping, chatting, card making, scrapbooking, cooking and reading. I want to share some of the random thoughts that I have and the craziness of my life with you. I hope you enjoy what you read and if you don't........well I gave it a go!!!

Sunday 10 July 2011

Thoroughly modern Millie - not me

A think I thought today was that I appear to be ageing faster than I should be.

Having reached the end of the stressful time at work, I have found myself with some spare time for me. I love nothing better than sitting with a cup of tea and a magazine for a flick through at the latest celeb gossip.  However something very strange has happened instead of aforementioned celeb mag I found myself selecting woman and home and good housekeeping!!!!

What is going on?????????

There is nothing fundamentally wrong with either of these fine publications but they conjure up a certain image in my head of a good 50's housewife getting tips on cleaning!


I know I am not a young flibbertigibbet any more and that I should have better things to do other than read about other peoples lives but we all love a bit of spying don't we! Even those who say they have no time for it secretly like to hear all about the latest footballer scandal or who is dating who!

Actually I was pleasantly surprised to find a good mix of recipes, articles, fashion, advice and fiction in both and am sure they will end up in my basket again however I may have to add a sneaky copy of OK or Heat into the  mix too (just to keep up with the youngsters!)

No comments:

Post a Comment